Thursday, September 28, 2006

Love, Life and The Law of Attraction

Just because I wrote a book detailing how to use the Law of Attraction to achieve romance and happiness doesn't mean I don't forget to use it myself every now and then.

I refer to those times when I get a whopping oil bill in the mail, or when one of my children brings home bad grades, and I start worrying that she'll never get into college (when I think rationally, I remember that a college education hardly guarantees success in life).

When I start dwelling on limitations, I tend to mangetize bad situations. I did not attract a happy marriage by mentally replaying painful scenes from old relationships, for example.

For two decades I have devoured every book I came across on The Law of Attraction, including Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain, The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy, The Magic of Believing by Claude Bristol, and Positive Imaging by Norman Vincent Peale.

A couple of years ago, I came across an offer for a free ebook on the subject, The Science of Getting Rich, by Wallace Wattles. It sounded pie-in-the-sky, but I figured what the hell. It was free, so I ordered it.

I read it, enjoyed it, copied down some pertinent quotes from it in a notebook, and forgot about it.

Fast forward to two weeks ago: After viewing the amazing movie, The Secret, I read that The Science of Getting Rich served as its inspiration. I heartily recommend that you watch The Secret, and I suggest you download SOGR and put its principals to work.

Right now, I can think of one or two areas in my life that could stand improvement. It's time to stop looking at what is and visualize what could be. Once again, I am using the Law of Attraction.

No comments:

free shipping for orders over $100