Friday, December 21, 2007

Did Jamie Lynn Spears Get Pregnant By Herself?

If you listen to the knuckleheads interviewed for this article in The New York Times, you'd think she did.

The media and the public are stoning this girl, the 16-year-old star of a TV show my daughters watch, but she didn't get pregnant alone. There's a guy in the equation, too. The only thing I've heard about him is that she met him at church.

The so-called Christians who denounce Jamie Lynn for setting a poor example for their daughters might remember this: She could have had an abortion.

She didn't, so say a prayer for her and leave her alone.

In case you're wondering what I'm telling my daughters, I'm telling them the same thing my father told me. After we learned a 15-year-old acquaintance found herself with child, he warned, "If that ever happens to you, don't ask me to babysit."

That drove the point home. Teenage pregnancy is not conducive to fun, freedom, and finishing one's education. I would not let it happen to me. Let's hope my daughters are smart enough not to let it happen to them, especially since Walgreens stores seem to be as prevalent as Starbucks these days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course she should get an abortion! She's a child herself! Personally, I feel that it should be illegal for anyone under the age of 25 to have children. They cause too many problems.

Anonymous said...

how are you going to do zoey 101 and go to school and take care of a baby. why did you do it jamie why.

Terry said...

It's a heartbreaker, definitely.

A condom is a beautiful thing.

Anonymous said...

why should she get an abortion? so what if she's a child, there is always adoption u know. why end an innocent life before it even begins!?!? She made a mistake a responsible person wouldn't just take the easy road and KILL the baby.

Anonymous said...

jamie u can marry him but I think u want to keep your baby and I dont think u should date a 19 year old boy and if u want to do it then do it. love,alexia

free shipping for orders over $100