Tonight at nine o'clock will mark the premiere of VH1's new reality series, Rock of Love, starring Poison lead singer, Bret Michaels. According to the show's website:
"Since 1986 when MTV introduced the world to the blue-eyed lead singer of Poison, women around the world have worshiped Bret Michael's as a veritable Rock God. Never out of the spotlight, Bret's career is still rocking with Poison and as a successful solo artist and the women are still lining up in hopes of a lying down with the sexy star. But the demands of life-on-the-road for the ultimate rocker have taken a toll...on his love life."
I have some questions.
1) Bret's career is still rocking? Really? In which mall?
2) Where are these women who line up in "hope of a lying down with the sexy star?"
3) What kind of an expression is "a lying down with," anyway?
"Twenty lucky ladies will get their chance for an All-Access pass to Bret Michaels' heart and to share in all his superstar lifestyle. Bret will invite twenty handpicked beautiful women to move into his rock and roll palace in the Hollywood Hills and compete for his heart. They must win over his mind and his body by proving their love for Bret, their passion for rock and their potential to be the perfect 'Rock Star Girlfriend.'"
4) What the hell is an "All-Access" pass to Brett Michaels' heart?
5) How can one can compete to share a superstar lifestyle if there is no superstar in the equation? (While Brad Pitt qualifies as a superstar, the leathery lead singer of an 80s hair band does not.)
6) Who writes VH1's web copy? Better yet, who comes up with the ideas for their shows?
7) Is 'Rock Star Girlfriend' a goal I should encourage my children to shoot for?
Gee, it's already 9:10, and I could use a good laugh. I think I'll tune in.