Monday, November 27, 2006

Dazzle 'Em Cheaply

As we kick off party season, it always good to head out in one's black velvet coat with sparkling white teeth. For many years, I was what my dentist calls, "a good candidate for bleaching," due to my love for tea and red wine (which I am not willing to give up).

I thought about bleaching but decided to try drugstore remedies first. I tried the whitening strips, only to end up wandering around the house lisping and feeling as if I had eaten a roll of scotch tape. Then I tried all sorts of toothpastes, starting with the more expensive ones because I assumed they'd be more effective.

While visiting a friend in September, I happened upon a copy of Consumer Reports, which named Ultra Brite toothpaste the best stuff on the market. I immediately wheeled over to my local retailer and picked up a tube for about two dollars.

Sure enough, people are now complimenting me on the whiteness of my teeth. Child 2 has stopped complaining, "Man, Mommy, your teeth are yellow."

Ultra Brite works.

If you can't get to the store, buy it from Drugstore.com for $2.19.

Attract a man who's worthy of you for a change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, Terry...you and I not only share a birthday...we are very much alike. Besides being Irish, red-haired. We both love wine (I love red and white) and I myself like iced tea (the Lipton low-calorie with saccharin that I have been addicted to since I was 11 years old. I am now 45) Yeah, I know...you are pretty organic...I am too to some extent. But I also believe we are all programmed to die at some point, no matter how we eat/drink. And I love the taste of this iced tea! Very tart, and I always loved Sweetarts as a child. That is my morning coffee, since I don't like coffee. I'm one of the very few people in the medical profession that does not.

Anyway, I order Contrast PM online, it is the same strength you get at the dentist. I'm not always disciplined about using it and my teeth do get darker when I go a length of time without using it. Of course, the only one that picks at me is my mother in Cleveland when we visit.

But you can get it online pretty cheaply...just do a Google search for Contrast PM and you can find any number of vendors. My teeth look great when I use it regularly. You can get cheap trays at the drugstore from the Plus-White kit.

Off topic...did you and Peter see "Bobby"? GREAT movie. Saw it Saturday and it moved me to tears.

Terry said...

I've never heard of Contrast PM, but I'll do a search for it. Thanks for the tip, Aisling.

I haven't seen "Bobby" yet, but it's on my list. I can't wait to see it.

Yeah, we are programmed to die; I just want to put it off as long as possible!

free shipping for orders over $100