Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Dating Site You Might Want to Check Out

At a networking meeting, an attractive, educated entrepreneur I like and respect mentioned she'd had some success on a dating site called PlentyOfFish.com. She reported the site allowed her to be a little more specific about weeding out undesirables than other sites she'd tried.

I checked it out. Turns Plenty of Fish is a free dating site. According to the owner, "Our success rate, matching algorithms and technology is unmatched. At 26 my algorithms and their results were cited in the Nobel Prize of Mathematics (Fields Medal) paper...We are about 5 times larger than any paid site, you will get more messages and interest here than all paid dating sites combined."

All right. It sounds good.

I did a quick search of men looking for long-term relationships and came across a profile for a lovely (and fit and attractive) man in our neighborhood who divorced a couple of years ago. So, I'll attest there's at least one decent guy there. (My friend from the networking meeting would probably say there's at least one more.)

Check it out.

I know you don't need me to tell you this, but I'm going to say it anyway: If you're going to date someone you meet online, please do it in a public place until you're sure the guy isn't wanted in three states.

No comments:

free shipping for orders over $100