Saturday, November 26, 2005

Wal-Mart and the Running of the Bulls

This Christmas season, I refuse to shop in any store that encourages people to gouge and trample each other in an attempt to score a cheap laptop.

I also refuse to shop in stores that refer to sales as "Door Busters." The day I "bust" a door is the day I start giving cash instead of buying gifts for Christmas.

In its never-ending quest to score unprecedented profits, corporate America would reduce us to animals. Unfortunately, too many of us are willing to let them get away with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry,
I so don't believe in this crap. I do little to NO shopping. Instead, each year I make a donation to a homeless shelter and the humane society. I love my nieces and nephews, but they have enough material items to provide for kids in TEN Third world countries. They know that I give gifts/money when it comes from my heart, not when some ridiculous pagan holiday dictates. Talk about getting away from the whole meaning of Jesus' birth!

I saw the reports of the fistfights at various stores around the country and just had to laugh at these stupid idiots. I hate to sound cynical, but I sometimes fear America is going the way of the Roman Empire, with our values system or lack thereof.

All the while corporate America grows fatter and richer.

My disgust with the Christmas season began at age 17 when I worked in a department store and witnessed the sheer ugliness of the consumer.

Terry said...

I'm with you all the way, Aisling.

free shipping for orders over $100